We are so proud of the global community that Wild Bum has created, and we want all of our readers to get to know the amazing people in this community! So, each month we are happy to introduce you to one of our Guide Architects. This month, we can’t wait for you to get to know our GA of the Month: Jessie Mahoney. View her Wild Bum profile here, and read on to find out a little more about her and her travels!
Tell us a little bit about yourself!
Hi!! I’m Jessie, I am 22 years old and a native Minnesotan. I recently graduated from Iowa State University with a degree in Communications and Public Relations. During my sophomore year, I studied abroad in Barcelona for 4 months! I was fortunate to travel to 8 countries and over 35 cities in my
What type of traveler are you and what would you say is your travel style?
I am all about seeing the hot spots in the city but on a budget!! I love talking with the locals to find the best places to eat, drink, or secret spots in the city.
Where have you been? Where has been your favorite place?
I’ve been to 13 countries (14 including the USA)! It’s SO hard to decide which is my favorite. I absolutely loved EVERYTHING about Ireland and my short weekend in Berlin. They are definitely two places I plan on going back to for sure. Living in Barcelona was amazing, the city honestly has everything imaginable!
I plan on going to 100 countries in my lifetime 🙂
- Spain: Barcelona, Valencia, Madrid, Montserrat, Girona, Ibiza, Canary Islands (Gran Canaria, Puerto de Mogán)
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- France: Paris, Versailles
- Germany: Berlin
- Italy: Rome, Naples, Amalfi coast, Positano, Pompeii
- Ireland: Dublin, Cong, Galway, Blarney, Cliffs of Moher, Kerry, Dingle, Bunratty, Killarney
- England: London, Bath, Windsor, Salisbury
- Switzerland: Geneva, Interlaken, Grindelwald
- Mexico: Cozumel, Cancún, Puerto Morelos
- Honduras: cruise port
- Jamaica: Falmouth
- Belize: cruise port
- Aruba: Oranjestad (went all over the island)
Why did you decide to become a Guide Architect for Wild Bum?
I LOVE sharing my travel knowledge with others so that people can benefit from what I have learned in a city I’ve already been to! Anytime someone tells me they plan on going on a trip, I jump to help them find the best accommodations, food/drinks, attractions, and more!
What guides have you created? Do you have any upcoming guides we can look forward to?
Already created Guides:
- Barcelona like a PRO! – Barcelona, Spain
- The Timeless City of Geneva with bonus Day Trips – Geneva, Switzerland
Already created Blogs:
- Booking Travel Plans: SECRETS TO SAVE HUNDREDS
- The Perfect Keepsake: DIY Travel Shadow Boxes → LOVE MAKING THESE
- Top 5 Travel Tips from Wild Bum Guide Architects
Look forward to:
- Party Central in Ibiza – Ibiza, Spain
- Weekend in Paris on a Budget – Paris, France
- Alaska Cruise Ports – Juneau, Icy Strait Point & Ketchikan ?? not sure about this one yet
- Fort Myers Area – Fort Myers/Cape Coral/Sanibel, Florida
Potentially Working On:
- More blogs from a perspective of a student, traveling on a budget
What is one thing you can’t travel without?
One thing I cannot travel without is my GoPro!! I love to capture videos on my GoPro and phone, then when I get back home I make a video of all that happened. Check out my highlights video of my 4 months in Europe here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1wPIHVsAk
What is something you enjoy about being part of the Wild Bum community?
The best part about the Wild Bum community is connecting with other GA’s to hear about their travel stories and learn a new travel tip you may have never thought about!
We are all about inspiring people to get out there and travel, use time-off to explore, and find their wild.
Tell us, when do you feel the most “wild”?
Breathtaking views, making last-minute travel plans, or doing something I’ve already done but in another country!
Random fun facts:
- I’ve eaten a hotdog in every country I’ve been to!
- I fell into the Tulip Gardens at Buckingham Palace
We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know our Guide Architect, Jessie! If you haven’t already, be sure to our other posts featuring our amazing guide architects!